19 Best Quotes About Simplifying and Decluttering
Updated: 4 days ago
Ready to simplify, minimize, and declutter? These 19 quotes will inspire you to get started.
Tired of being overwhelmed and thinking about making a change? Here are 19 quotes to help you take those first steps toward simplifying, minimizing, and decluttering your spaces.
1. "I want to walk into my home and not feel stress and tension. I want to walk in and feel glad to be home. Instead of minding the junk and clutter, I want to simplify and mind the things that matter." ― Anora O'Connor
2. "There are two ways to have enough: Once is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." ― G.K. Chesterton
3. “Instead of thinking I am losing something when I clear clutter, I dwell on what I might gain.”
― Lisa J. Shultz
4. “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don't.” ― Joshua Becker
5. "One reason people resist changes is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain." ― Rick Godwin
6. "Achieving simplicity in your life starts with the simple notion that you are in control. You steer the rudder, flip the switch, pull the lever, call the shots, and have the power within you to make your life simpler.” ― Jeff Davidson
7. “Bottom line: If our lives are burdened with clutter, we’re giving the best of ourselves away to the things that matter least.” ― Erica Layne
8. “The point is that minimalism is a tool to help you achieve freedom. Freedom from fear, freedom from worry, freedom from overwhelm, freedom from guilt, freedom from depression, freedom from enslavement. Freedom. Real freedom.” ― Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus
9. "The secret of happiness you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." ― Socrates
10. “Clearing out your home cleanses your life.” ― Mary Lambert
11. "Decluttering is infinitely easier when you think of it as deciding what to keep, rather than deciding what to throw away." ― Francine Jay
12. "If your stuff isn't serving you, it won't be servicing you any better packed away in a box somewhere." ― Melissa Camara Wilkins
13. "We don't need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it." ― Donald Horban
14. “If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it in a closet somewhere.” ― Joshua Becker
15. It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." ― J.R.R. Tolkien
16. "When we throw out the physical clutter, we clear our minds. When we throw out the mental clutter, we clear our souls." ― Gail Blanke
17. "Clutter is a weight that has built on top of you so gradually, you don't even realize anymore that is it holding you down." ― Mary Johanson
18. "Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions." ― Barbara Hemphill
19. “My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do.” ― Francine Jay
Which quote inspired you the most? Please feel free to email me at anita (@) simplelife365.com and let me know.
NEXT: You might enjoy reading Intentional Choices: 3 Ways to Simplify Your Life.