Updated: Nov 20, 2022
These positive quotes will brighten your day and inspire you.
Life isn't a single event, it's a series of moments that are constantly unfolding. Each moment represents one of many that will unfold during your lifetime.
Moving through life's moments, you will experience peaks and valleys - good times and bad.
Having an optimistic and positive outlook makes a huge difference in how you feel during those times, especially the difficult times.
When life is difficult, positivity helps ease your mind.
When life is good, positivity makes the good even better.
So, no matter what life gives you, keeping an upbeat and positive outlook helps.
Top Positive Quotes for Inspiration
Here are 54 quotes that will bring optimism and positive energy into your day.
1. Live each day as if your life had just begun. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
2. It's your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life's story will develop. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf
3. Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction. - Germany Kent
4. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill
5. It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi
6. Positive anything is better than negative nothing. - Elbert Hubbard
7. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C.S. Lewis
8. Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet. Sarah Louise Delany
9. Be the attitude you want to be around. - Tim DeTellis
10. We are not our best intentions. We are what we do. - Amy Dickinson
11. One small thought in the morning can change your whole day. - Unknown
12. If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one. - Dolly Parton
13. You do not find the happy life. You make it. - Camilla Eyring Kimball
14. Miracles happen every day. Change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you. - Jon Bon Jovi
15. Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. - Francesca Reigler
16. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. - William James
17. It needs to be said and heard: it's ok to be who you are. - Hailee Steinfeld
18. You make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing. - Kate Morton
19. You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. - Joyce Meyer
20. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. - Dalai Lama
21. Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing. - Seneca
22. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. - Willie Nelson
23. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. - Unknown
24. Whether you think you can or think you can't you're right. - Henry Ford
25. No one is perfect -- that's why pencils have erasers. - Wolfgang Riebe
26. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience. - Roy T. Bennett
27. Life is a mountain. Your goal is to find your path, not to reach the top. - Maxime Lagace
28. When we choose to turn the journal and embrace love and joy, we are free to fly. - Annicken R. Day
29. Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Teddy Roosevelt
30. Be positive. Be true. Be kind. - Roy T. Bennett
31. Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. - Maya Angelou
32. You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations. - Zig Ziglar
33. Virtually nothing is impossible in this work if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. - Lou Holtz
34. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. - Helen Keller
35. Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. - George Bernard Shaw
36. It is always the simple that produces the marvelous. - Amelia Barr
37. Winning doesn't always mean being first. Winning means you're doing better than you've done before. - Bonnie Blair
38. In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact. - Les Brown
39. Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow. - Unknown
40. Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier. - Mother Theresa
41. If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining. - Guy Finley
42. Don't wait for your feelings to change to take the action. Take the action and your feelings will change. - Barbara Baron
43. There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn't. - John Green
44. Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better. - Harvey Mackay
45. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. - Joshua J. Marine
46. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee
47. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. - Robert Schuller
48. Keep looking up. That's the secret of life. - Charlie Brown
49. Positivity always wins. Always. - Gary Vaynerchuk
50. Positive thinking must be followed by positive doing. - John C. Maxwell
51. I am thankful to all who said no to me. It is because of them that I'm doing it myself. - Albert Einstein
52. You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. - C.S. Lewis
53. Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life. - Joel Osteen
54. People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full are missing the point. The point is that the glass is refillable! - Simon Sinek
A Few Final Thoughts on Staying Positive
Optimism makes life's challenges easier to deal with. And during the good times, it's like icing on a cake - what started as good gets even better.
Stay positive and upbeat. And remember... the best is yet to be.