Feeling Discouraged? 36 Inspiring Quotes to Lift You Up
Updated: Jun 10
Do you feel discouraged right now? Maybe things aren’t turning out as you had hoped? I understand what you're going through. I've been there too.
We all get discouraged from time to time.
Sometimes you need a little help to lift yourself up. That inspiration is often found in the words and experiences of others. Their words are often enlightening and encouraging - something we all could use when we're feeling down.
This collection of 36 uplifting quotes offer encouragement when you're feeling discouraged, so you can start moving past the current situation.
When you feel discouraged, remember this:
When rough patches happen in life, look for inspiration from others who've also struggled.
There are few things more powerful than the wisdom and strength you get from other people who have struggled and overcome those struggles in their life.
I hope these quotes will give you a new perspective and encourage you when you're having a bad day.
Lift Yourself Up: 36 Quotes for When You Feel Discouraged
These quotes will inspire you when you're feeling discouraged because things are going wrong:
1. Ask yourself this question: 'Will this matter a year from now?' Richard Carlson
2. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
3. No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. Josh McDowell
4. A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. B.F. Skinner
5. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill
6. A lot of things are going to happen that you can't necessarily control all the time, but you can control what you do after it happens. So that's what I try to do, keep my head up, keep moving forward, stay positive, and just work hard. Lonzo Ball
7. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope. Bernard Williams
9. We will either find a way or make one. Hannibal (Carthaginian General)
10. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. Albert Einstein
11. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.’ Mary Anne Radmacher
12. Fall seven times and stand up eight. Japanese proverb
13. Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future. Robert H. Schuller
14. Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” Tena Desae
15. Change your thoughts and you change your world. Norman Vincent Peale
16. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. Earl Nightingale
17. Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over. F. Scott Fitzgerald
18. I dwell in possibility. Emily Dickinson
19. Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. Zig Ziglar
20. The best thing to do when you find yourself in a hurting or vulnerable place is to surround yourself with the strongest, finest, most positive people you know. Kristin Armstrong
21. You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations. Zig Ziglar
22. Between stimulus and response, there is a space where we choose our response. Stephen Covey
23. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. John Wooden
24. The worst thing that happens to you may be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you. Will Rogers
25. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha
26. Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. Steve Jobs
27. Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever. Roy T. Bennett
28. There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t. John Green
29. The best view comes after the hardest climb. Unknown
30. Don't confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. Itâ s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you. Steve Maraboli
31. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harriet Beecher Stowe
32. Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul. Democritus
33. My dear brothers and sisters, the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives. Russell M. Nelson
34. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Michael Jordan
35. Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods. Unknown
36. However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Stephen Hawking
When you're discouraged and feel like throwing in the towel, remember these quotes. They may be just the words you need to hear to move on from the situation that's bringing you down and causing you to feel discouraged.
I hope these positive and motivational quotes will help you feel encouraged and inspired to get past the challenges in life.
Which quote did you find most meaningful? Let me know at anita (@) simplelife365.com.
Related Posts You Might Enjoy Reading