25 Quotes to Inspire You During Life's Challenges
Updated: Aug 20, 2021
"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." - Flavia Weedn
Not too many years after graduate school I quit my job and started a catering business. The business failed within a year. The failure broke my heart and my spirit. I was absolutely devastated.
For months afterward, I had long conversations in my head about how spectacularly I had failed and what I should have done differently.
My own words turned me into my own worst enemy. The things I told myself were dragging me into a dark place. I needed to stop.
It took a long time, but I began to change how I talked to myself. I started to tell myself that I had failed in business, not in life.
The positive words I told myself helped heal the emotional wounds I had created in my conversations with myself.
That one experience, more than any other, helped me understand the power of words. They can drag us down, but they can also lift us up.
25 Quotes to Inspire You When Times are Tough
We also face difficult times. Some of the challenges we encounter during these times will be more difficult than others.
When you're struggling during hard times, the words and experiences of others can help you keep a healthy perspective on life. They can also lift you up when you're feeling low.
Today, I'm going to share 25 inspiring quotes to help you navigate the tough times in life.
1. “Take a deep breath. It's just a bad day, not a bad life.” – Unknown
2. “People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.” – Unknown
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
4. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
5. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together” – Vincent Van Gogh
6. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
7. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
8. “Unsuccessful people make their decisions based on their current situations. Successful people make their decisions based on where they want to be.” – Benjamin Hardy
9. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
10. “If you work on something a little bit every day, you end up with something that is massive.” – Kenneth Goldsmith
11. "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome." – Booker T. Washington
12. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.” – Unknown
13. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
14. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
15. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah
16. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” – Thomas J. Watson
17. "There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out." – Lou Reed
18. “If you want to fly give up everything that weighs you down.” – Buddha
19. “Ask yourself this question: Will this matter a year from now?” – Suzy Kassem
20. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
21. “Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” – E.B. White
22. “Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.” – Unknown
23. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
24. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
25. "The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." – Mignon McLaughlin
Don't let your inner voice use your words against you. Instead, find inspiration in the words of others. I hope their thoughts will lift you up during life's challenges.
What quotes are the most meaningful to you when times are difficult? Email me at anita (@) simplelife365.com.
NEXT: You might enjoy reading: